Our Structured Finance team specializes in providing customized, responsive business lending solutions designed to help your company grow. Our talented and experienced team is comprised of three distinct groups – Capital Funding, Business Credit and Corporate Finance – that have a history of building long-term relationships and are committed to helping you secure the senior capital needed to move your business forward, quickly and confidently. We can also access additional lending expertise through the broader TCF organization, including interest rate swaps, extensive treasury management capabilities, equipment leasing, wealth management and more.
We are a leading national, leveraged lending/sponsor finance group supporting the lower middle market. TCF’s Capital Funding team has completed more than 100 platform transactions with more than $2B in commitments since starting the group in mid-2012. Our lending professionals average more than 25 years of experience and focus on cash flow-structured facilities to private equity (PE)-backed businesses. We are one of the largest dedicated lower middle market sponsor finance groups in the country.
- Provide senior-secured debt in the form of cash flow term loans and revolvers
- Support a variety of industries throughout the United States
- Designed to provide borrowing capacity by leveraging the borrower’s ability to generate strong and consistent cash flows
- Offer a variety of creative structures used in leveraged buyouts, growth financings, refinancings, recapitalizations and acquisitions
- Include 5-year commitments with revolving loans and cash flow-based term loans
- Our niche is privately held companies with revenues between $10-$150mm and EBITDA between $2-$15mm
- Provide senior debt to companies being purchased by PE sponsors and mezzanine funds (these PE funds have typically raised $50-$500mm in committed capital)
- Work with independent sponsors, family offices and SBIC mezzanine funds
- Focus on senior loans with a typical hold size of $5-$35mm per transaction (with syndication capabilities up to $100mm)
We are a leading national, asset-based lending group supporting the lower middle market for direct deals and the middle market for agent and club co-lender opportunities. Our focus is asset-based structures for both fully secured and senior stretch facilities, primarily to entrepreneurs and to private equity-backed businesses. Our lending professionals average more than 25+ years of experience and focus on providing properly structured asset-based lending facilities. Our business credit team was relaunched as a dedicated asset-based lending group in 2018.
- Asset-based product offerings range from fully secured revolving lines of credit to an asset-based stretch facility for borrowers with more consistent cash flow
- Primary product type is the revolving line of credit - an interest-only product that can ebb and flow with borrowers’ cash flow
- Variety of creative structures that are used in leveraged buyouts, growth financings, refinancings, recapitalizations and acquisitions
- Include: 1-5 year commitments; term loans supported by fixed assets used to fund growth or help finance an acquisition; ability to finance early stage turnaround; fixed assets can comprise up to 50% of total commitment; fully amortizing SOFA Available; and more
- Our borrowers primarily support industries that are cyclical, seasonal, have customer and/or supplier concentration and lower EBITDA margins but have significant working capital needs
- Typically commit between $5-$35mm per borrower (with syndication capabilities up to $100mm)
Corporate Finance is a national business, comprised of experienced, C&I multi-bank lending experts. We provide credit and underwriting support for more complicated loan structures to multi-bank facilities for larger, middle market companies. Borrowers typically have revenue from $75-$500mm. With total loan portfolio commitments of $1.1B, our focuses are primarily companies with EBITDA over $15mm and that are co-lender and agent opportunities and leveraged and non-leveraged multi-bank opportunities. Our vertical expertise includes various financial service businesses (BDCs, debt funds and distressed debt funds); environmental service/waste recycle; and coal/power generation. Our Corporate Finance professionals average over 25+ years of experience. The team was started as a de novo business in early 2016.
- Act as Agent or significant co-lender in senior-secured C&I revolving credit and term loan facilities in both club and smaller syndicated opportunities
- Consist primarily of co-lender and agent opportunities including revolver and term facilities for larger middle market companies
- Support companies with EBITDA in excess of $15mm that are agent and “club” loan transactions (2-5 lending banks) and smaller more broadly syndicated credits of up to $350mm of total loan commitment
- Typically 5-year loan commitment
- Loan commitment amount ranges from $10-35mm per borrower (with syndication capabilities up to $100mm)
We get deals done.
Providing Senior Secured Debt to Lower Middle Market Companies
TCF is a leading national provider of cash flow loans to the lower middle market.
Unlike cash flow or enterprise value lending that relies primarily on a borrower's historical cash flow generation and projected performance as loan criteria, asset-based loans instead look first to the collateral value of a borrower’s collateral.
CASH FLOW LENDING
Leverage Your Senior Borrowing Capacity
While cash flow loans are senior debt with a blanket lien against available collateral, the focus is more on a borrower’s ability to generate consistent cash flow or adjusted EBITDA.
Manage Cash Efficiently
TCF offers a comprehensive selection of treasury management products and services to fit the needs of commercial clients, from collections to disbursements and reporting services.
All loans/leases are subject to credit approval. Equal Opportunity Lender