Fair Lending Statement
Equal Housing Lender and Equal Opportunity Lender
TCF is committed to providing credit opportunities in the communities in which it conducts business. The Bank recognizes its responsibility for ensuring members of those communities receive equal access to quality products and services.
TCF believes fair and equal treatment during the credit process is a true expression of the Bank’s Purpose and Beliefs. The Bank will not tolerate discrimination by any of its officers, employees, agents, or third-party vendors against any current or potential credit customer / applicant, in any aspect of a credit transaction, whether mortgage, consumer or business, on any prohibited basis, including:
- National Origin;
- Familial Status;
- Marital Status, including same-sex marriage;
- Sexual Orientation;
- Gender Identity;
- Age (provided the applicant has the capacity to contract);
- The fact that all or part of the applicant’s income derives from a public assistance program; or
- Whether the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
TCF complies with all laws and regulations such as the Fair Housing Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act in its dedication to provide fair and responsible lending.
UNDER THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING ACT, IT IS ILLEGAL, ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, OR FAMILIAL STATUS (HAVING CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18), TO:
- Deny a loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing or maintaining a dwelling, or deny any loan secured by a dwelling; or
- Discriminate in fixing the amount, interest rate, duration, application procedures or other terms or conditions of such a loan, or in appraising property.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST UNDER THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING ACT, YOU SHOULD SEND A COMPLAINT TO:
Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Washington, D.C. 20410
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010-9050
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST UNDER THE EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT, YOU SHOULD SEND A COMPLAINT TO:
- On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age (provided the applicant has the legal capacity to enter into a binding contract);
- Because income is from public assistance; or
- Because a right has been exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST, YOU SHOULD SEND A COMPLAINT TO:
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
1700 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20006